Indoor air quality is 10x more polluted than outdoor air, according to the EPA. It is important to take the necessary steps to protect your business, employees, and customers from poor indoor air quality. No matter what type of facility you operate, indoor air quality concerns are there and it is important that you know how to keep your indoor air quality (IAQ) at its best.
Poor indoor air quality comes from heating and ventilation systems that are adequately maintained, construction material contamination, increased amount of time spent indoors, and many other factors. You can always call upon the professionals offering commercial hvac service annapolis to help minimize poor IAQ. They offer a variety of solutions that work to improve the air quality in your business.
Examples of the most common IAQ contaminants include:
· Insufficient outdoor air intake (Blocked air ducts, dirty air filters, dirty units)
· Poor air circulation
· Carbon Dioxide (tobacco smoke, body odor, perfumes and colognes, etc.)
· Dust mites
· Solvents and formaldehyde compounds
To keep the indoor air quality in your building safe and out of the danger zone for the people in the facility, here are a few steps that you can take.
· Do not allow anyone to smoke indoors at your facility
· Hire a professional cleaning company to keep your business safe and free from dust, dirt, and other contaminants
· Monitor humidity levels in your building
· Get regular radon testing
It is easy to maintain good indoor air quality at your business if you aren’t afraid to put forth the efforts. Poor air quality can cause breathing problems and an array of other concerns; don’t allow this to happen. Use the information above in the process and you’ll enjoy fresh, clean, crisp air inside of your business day in and day out.